Friday, December 17, 2010

um...twins anyone?

I gave in and begged to have a beta HCG again this evening, because I started spotting pink again throughout the day.  Guess what the beta was?  6131!!!  The doubling time is 1.41 days, and my OB thinks it's twins.  I feel extremely happy that the beta is raising so well, despite the spotting, which does not worry me anymore.  While waiting for the call about the numbers, I sat by the phone and promised myself that if it is good, and this pregnancy goes on, I will be a lot stricter about my vegan diet, which in a very unrelated way I am offering as a sacrifice to the universe, as in being a better person, reducing my carbon footprint, and not terminating other lives to enhance my own.  It looks like it's tofu and veggies from here on...

Now, onto serious business.  How am I going to hold onto twins when my cervix is so incompetent?  will the band hold?  will I go into preterm labour?  I will definitely be a higher risk pregnancy, but on the other hand, if it works, I would be done, done, done with IVF, and what a sweet deal that would be.  I don't want to get too carried away.  It might not be twins.  I guess we'll find out next Friday on the ultrasound.  I am delirious with relief though...

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry too much about twins just yet! My 11 dpo beta was 35, my 17 dpo beta was 1469, my doubling time was just 27 hours, and there's just one healthy baby in there! (My RE was a little worried about twins or more.)

    I really don't think betas are a very good indication of multiples. Being high risk with a singleton is really hard, hopefully you just have one because I can't even imagine that stress.

    Anyway, I'm glad you had a great beta rise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy your beta is rising so well. what great news. one step at a time...
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your note. Can you see videos on YouTube by any chance? You can see it there at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAJtrPPJwHA .

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it is twins, that awesome! I am a twin myself (identical). I know of several women with a TAC that have had twins. Kelly just had her two boys -http://thesheltontwins.blogspot.com, and Alyson had two boys as well -http://thesteiners.us. I hope the spotting tapers down soon so that you can breathe a little. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MrsH - don't worry about the spotting. It might still happen even later...and it will be still okay. As for twins...all you have to do is make it past 30 weeks. You'll have them even sooner than August. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great news about your beta! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete