Sunday, July 31, 2011

baby fashion

Most importantly:  ten days to go!  Yay!

I was sitting in a coffee shop today with MrH and a couple at the table next to us had a 3-4 week old baby girl.  She was so incredibly cute, I could not stop staring at her.  I still cannot believe that we are going to have one of those.  I mean this is the kind of thing that only happens to other people, at least in my head.  I will believe it when I see it.  

On the other hand, the cute little girl was dressed in doll like clothing, with lots of ruffles and bows and embroidery.  The clothes were very very sweet, and I started thinking that all I have ordered/received for Emma is onesies and normal cotton hats, etc.  Not ruffles definitely.  I received some crocheted stuff at the baby shower, but it is for when she is one year old at least.  Am I missing out on the opportunity to dress perhaps the only little girl I will have in doll like clothes and have immense fun with it?  I don't know.  I always thought that babies are so beautiful and pink and cute as they are, that one does not want to enhance them in any way with baby clothes that are too elaborate.  I definitely don't like jewelry on infants (like pierced ears).  They are natural and most beautiful in natural clothing.  (Enter brown organic cotton onesies by greenbaby...not very elegant, and definitely the epitome of plainness).   I don't know what to say.  Brown organic cotton or white embroidered ruffles and bows?  

1 comment:

  1. Eh, at 3-4 weeks they go through 3-4 outfits a day between diaper leaks and spit up,and they are still trying to claw their face off, frilly outfits on newborns are overrated! You can and probably will dress her up for holidays and when she is older, I think dressing up a newborn is a bit much.

    ReplyDelete