Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reckless exercise

I started exercising again.  Yesterday I was feeling great and decided that it would help the cellulite cream immensely if I actually exercised a bit and toned the aspic on the treatment areas.  Recall that I am in the process of experimenting on Clarins High Definition Body Lift, once the entire 200ml are gone I will post clear pictures of me naked for the public to appreciate the results (hahaha, not really, this is not that kind of blog).  (MrH will have a coronary while reading this, and I will be busy resuscitating him for the next while).

Anyway, I started cautiously since I did not want the incisional pain that just disappeared 3 days ago (after my TAC surgery I mean) to come back.  I mostly did some curtsy lunges and some forward lunges with weights that I would place on the floor and pick up again with each rep.  I did about 20 of each, and today I feel as if a big white bear mauled my bottom.  I think I am taking today off in order to take a nice long soak in the tub.

It has become pretty common for me to start being overly preoccupied with my body's appearance before an IVF.  Last time I had a 3 month IVF break, the same thing happened.  I spent a fair bit on ebay building a chic wardrobe (and subsequently worked double the amount for 2 months to pay it off), and exercised/dieted to slim down.  Being Romanian, I have an obsession with weight.  I am not naturally slim, and neither is anyone else in my family.  We all look fit but have to paddle like the proverbial duck to maintain the appearance, since we can simply look at a piece of chocolate and despite losing 1 oz of saliva, gain 2 oz of fat.  (On the plus side, if there ever is a famine, we will likely be able to maintain body fat on 200 cal per day).

When I was 12 my mother took me to an exercise class that featured Jane Fonda workouts.  It was fabulous.  Both my mom and I went religiously 3 times a week for about 3-4 years.  From there on, I branched out into playing tennis and doing other fun stuff, but I have maintained the exercise habit for the rest of my life up to now.  If I don't exercise at least 2-3 times a week, even simple stretching, I start to feel stiff and almost itchy to move.  Since doing IVF, I have long periods of 2-3 weeks when I am not allowed to exercise.  If I get pregnant, then I doubt that I will be allowed to even go for a walk around the block, since everyone will worry that if I sneeze too hard the embryos will come out through my nose, hence the bedrest that will start at 12-14 weeks, and the obligate inactivity prior to that.

Which is why I am now going to enjoy this month before the next embryo transfer by exercising daily and testing out various cosmetic products (that I also don't allow myself prior to IVF, just in case).  Even though there will likely not be any pictures, I will keep you posted as to the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment