Sunday, January 5, 2014

at home

I am feeing quite isolated at home the whole day.  It is too cold to go outside, -25 to -35 C this week, and my car wouldn't start for the past few days.  I have to replace the battery, I think that is what the problem is.

I am making new foods in the Thermomix.  Today I have tried gnocchi and they turned out fabulous, despite the fact that I undercooked the potatoes and got them really gluey when I was mashing them with the mechanical blades.  We had a good lunch.  I must be careful though, because every time I am experimenting with new foods, I gain a lot of weight, so I only put one serving out, and the rest I froze.  Oh, and I made creme brulee, but that does not freeze very well, so I had to eat it.  I found out it only has marginally less calories than mayonnaise, but fortunately I had already eaten it when I found that out, so it's all good.

This is how I freeze foods around here:  put them on a non stick mat and place them outside.  Watch for the ravens who are hungry.  They are so big that they could fly with the whole metal tray in their beaks...heck they could eat the whole metal tray if I don't watch it.  Five minutes later (unless I forget) the food is already frozen.

The baby is moving every day and Emma is happy.  That's all I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment