Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year

A happy New Year to all my blog friends, and may this year bring joy and fulfilment of your wishes, whatever they may be, particularly those related to pregnancy and childbirth.  May all of the ladies pregnant right now have healthy term babies, and may all of those struggling to conceive have great news waiting in the following months.

I have a few resolutions for the new year, which are remarkably similar to previous years:
-pay attention to my children, educate them myself as much as I can, perhaps teach Emma how to read (if she becomes ready along the way during 2015)
-be patient as a mother.
-continue to exercise intensely, like I do at the moment
-definitely lose the 15-20 lb that I am still carrying in excess.
-blog weekly
-play piano at least three days per week, preferably closer to 5

I have started a low carb diet again today, and will keep going until I am at goal weight.  No better day to start than today.

We had a little party on NYE with six adults and seven children, a lot of happiness, rack of lamb, white and red wine, too much tiramisu and juice on the carpet, you know, the works, all at the time when MrH was on call and had to go out and come back a few times.  Fun, fun, fun.  Emma and Daniel were fast asleep by midnight, but we got to see fireworks just one block away, and it was beautifully festive.

I know it is easy to forget about NYE, especially when holidays frequently remind us of sad times.  In  2009, I spent the entire time from Boxing Day until Jan 2 in the hospital, trying to (unsuccessfully) hold onto Adrian, whom I lost on Jan 2 (tomorrow is his anniversary).  I could choose to focus on that sad day, and not notice that NYE and January 1 also bring with them tremendous renewal, energy and promise, in a special way that only beginnings can.  We only get 80 of these days if we are lucky.  I might get another 40-50 if I am in the lucky category.  I plan on not letting any of them escape uncelebrated.  Bring on the rack of lamb, the friends and the joy, because even though at the back of my mind I vividly remember spending this occasion on a hospital bed, today I am happy and healthy, and so is everybody I love.  Thank you God!

1 comment: