Sunday, September 17, 2017

Hair versus life

I am a person that moves very fast through the day.  Why exactly, it is hard to explain.  I think that I do it so that at the end of the day I can have a moment to sit down and not move at all.  It hardly ever happens though:  I find stuff to do for the NEXT day as well.

In light of the fact that my time is so tightly managed, that I try to squeeze so much out of every given second, I have recently discovered that curling my hair takes me six minutes.  The other day, I was walking with two friends, both of which have naturally curly hair, and I asked them whether it is worth the six minutes to get glamorous curls in my hair, or whether simply tying my otherwise flat and limp hair in a bun (which is a ten second procedure) would look just as good.  They said that it is an odd question for them to answer, since it takes them a second to run four fingers through their hair in the mornings to be ready to go.  Curly hair apparently does not even need brushing. Who knew :)

I wish I had naturally curly hair, but since I got older, I don't waste too much time wishing for things that are impossible.  Again, it has to do with time management.  If it gives results in keeping with the time and effort spent, then it stays.  Wishing for impossible things does not, so therefore I am not giving it any time slots in the busy schedule.

What I had forgotten to say about my hair is that it also needs washing daily.  If I dry it by blow drying, that adds another eight minutes.  Total time spent on hair daily: 16 minutes.  Lately, I simply tie it in a bun while wet and away I go.  What that leads to is hair that is even more limp than the walking dead. However, during the gained 16 minutes, I get to swim 750 meters, and although I have shitty hair, my front crawl became faster in the past two weeks.

What can I say, it is hair versus life.

No comments:

Post a Comment